Pressure ulcer development and management is different in palliative care patients compared to other patient populations. This course will outline those differences, discuss management techniques and outline the legislative issues in healthcare. There will also be the opportunity to share current practice and techniques.
What will I learn?
* Be able to define what a pressure ulcer is, including the stage of development.
* Identify risk factors and understand implications.
* Assessment of a pressure ulcer and understand staging criteria.
* Management of pressure ulcers for palliative care patients.
* Documentation and legislation.
* Current products and rationale for use.
|Understanding Pressure Ulcer Development and Treatment in Palliative Care.||£54|